Saturday, January 22, 2011

Pop of Blue Summer Eyes Tutorial

Hey guys. I feel like it's been forever since I last made a tutorial. These past two days school was closed because of the snow we got, so I thought, what better way to spend my snow day than to make some more tutorials! (No sarcasm, I swear!) I wanted to make a tutorial that added more color, but would also be wearable for an everyday look. This look reminded me of summer. I don't know if it was because of the blue, or because when I did this tutorial, the window shades were open and the sun was shining right in my room, making it feel like it was 100 degrees. I don't know, but whatever it was, it brought back memories of summer. I hope you enjoy this nostalgic Pop of Blue Summer eyes.
: )
Products I used:

Step 1: Prime your lids. I used Too Faced Shadow Insurance, but any base or primer will work.

Step 2: Using an eye shadow brush, apply the top right eye shadow from the NYX eye shadow palette onto your lid. Then, using a fluffy eye shadow brush, apply the top left eye shadow from the NYX eye shadow palette onto your brow bone.

Step 3: Next, take the dark brown eye shadow from the palette and using an angled eye shadow brush, pat it on the outer corner of your eye, forming a V-shape, and blend it into your crease.

Step 4: This next step is optional, but if you do it, it will make your eyes really pop! Take a bright orange/gold eye shadow and just pat it onto the middle of your lid.

Step 5: Take a light champagne colored eye shadow (I used Victoria's Secret Beauty rush Wet/Dry eye shadows in Gold Rush) and apply it to your brow bone as a highlight color, and bring it down to the inner corner of your eye. 

Step 6: Line your top lashes with a black eyeliner. Any eyeliner will do (pencil, liquid, gel). I used NYX Slim Eye Pencil in Black.

Step 7: Next, I used a NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Electric Blue and applied it on the waterline. Then, I took an angled eye shadow brush and rubbed it on the pencil. Then I lined my lower lash line.

Step 8: Then, I applied two coats of mascara on my top lashes, and one coat on my bottom lashes. I used Clinique High Impact Mascara in Black.

I hope you guys like this tutorial! I think it would be such a cute look for the summer, so I know it's a little too early for this look, but we can pretend it's summer for now.
: )

No comments:

Post a Comment