Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Home away from home

        Hey guys. Today I've been having one of those "homesick" kind of days. Even though I don't live in New York City anymore, it still feels like I've just been on a very long not-so-fun vacation away from my home. I still can't believe it's been a little over two years since I moved to Ohio. It's crazy how fast time flies (but hey, I'm not complaining. I want the next four years to fly by!).
I think I must have had a dream about New York last night, because something stirred up the New Yorker in me and reminded me of my home, (I really should stop calling it my home, since it technically isn't my home anymore) and since it's almost Christmas, that made me even more nostalgic.
        If you've ever seen all those Christmas movies that take place in New York City, then you know how magical they make it seem to be there during the holidays. But the truth is, New York City during Christmas time is just as magical as it seems in the movies.
*Cue Christmas music*
        Christmas is my favorite time of the year! When I think of the holidays, I think of ice skating in Rockefeller Center, watching the ball drop in Times Square (on the TV of coarse, because let's be real; if you were actually out in the cold watching the ball drop, you would wish you were back inside in front of the TV enjoying the magic in the heat), and stopping by every single NUTS-4-NUTS stand you see and buying packs of hot, roasted almonds and pistachios because even though they taste good, the real reason you buy them is to keep your hands warm. I also think of spending time with my family and friends.
        Now if you were wondering why i said earlier that I want the next four years to go by fast, it's because in four years I will be graduating, and then I will be off to college. And where do I plan on going to college?
Yep, you guessed it. New York City.
        I don't only want to move back there for college because I miss New York. I want to move back because I plan on studying journalism and fashion, and one day work for a big fashion magazine. And what better place to achieve my dreams than New York City, The Fashion Capital.
        Many people tell me that I should have more of an open mind, that I shouldn't decide from right now that working in the fashion industry is the one and only career I'm thinking about. But I like planning ahead, I like knowing what my goals are. It gives me something to work and look forward too. I'm positive that this is what I want to be doing when I'm older. I can't wait until my dream becomes my reality.
Do you like planning your future ahead of time? How do you know when you're completely sure of something? What are some of your goals you're working towards? How are you spending the holidays?How do you deal with homesickness?

Until my next blog,
Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment